Creational design patterns
These design patterns are all about class instantiation. This pattern can be further divided into class-creation patterns and object-creational patterns. While class-creation patterns use inheritance effectively in the instantiation process, object-creation patterns use delegation effectively to get the job done.
Structural design patterns
These design patterns are all about Class and Object composition. Structural class-creation patterns use inheritance to compose interfaces. Structural object-patterns define ways to compose objects to obtain new functionality.
Behavioral design patterns
These design patterns are all about Class’s objects communication. Behavioral patterns are those patterns that are most specifically concerned with communication between objects.
Design Pattern Q&A
- Examples of GoF Design Patterns in Java’s core libraries
- Dependency Injection vs Factory Pattern
- What is Inversion of Control?
- What is so bad about singletons?
- What is the basic difference between Factory and Abstract Factory Patterns?
- When would you use the Builder Pattern?
- What is the difference between Builder Design pattern and Factory Design pattern?
- How do the Proxy, Decorator, Adapter, and Bridge Patterns differ?